Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Annabelle's Place : The English High-Tea

It is not a common cafe, it is for high-tea diners, it is Annabelle's Place. It provides English cuisines where you can find various pastries which are suitable for high-tea.

To my disappointment, certain issues happened when I came with the voucher. I passed the voucher to a waiter which after that being threw away like rubbish. I think he might not know about this Foodmice thingy. I was sitting there for quite long, thinking they were preparing the food for me until a waitress came to take the order. After that I was told that the voucher was not valid for public holiday (I went last Saturday). Well, I never received any notification saying the voucher was not valid on that day. This was probably because FoodMice forgot to state such terms and conditions in the e-mail. At last, I was allowed to use that voucher.

The cafe looked quite spacious. It is English-style decorated, just like the houses in European. It gave me a sense of warmness and cozyness which is perfect for high-tea.

Once I entered the cafe, I found these beautiful flowers which enlighten the whole English concept.
Credit cards are accepted here. FoodMice Vanilla member will get priviledge discount here!

The cute farmer doing his job welcoming customers everyday.
The menu which you can browse for a wide variety of English cuisines.


I was offered the Windsor Tea For Two. This is my English Breakfast Tea, with the brand of Ahmad Tea in London. Ahmad went to London to plant the tea? Funny!

It came with large pot with two cups. If you want to taste the tea, I would recommend you not to add the milk. However, milk is good if you wan to have a thicker texture or taste.
There were slices of fruits, cookies, scones with Devonshire clotted cream and strawberry jam, cakes and finger sandwiches. Overall they were not bad. I think it is enough for 3 people as high-tea does not meant for filling hunger right?
Last but not the least, the cutlery for high-tea. Small but not light, because they are made of stainless steel.

If you want to have high-tea here, make sure you bring along the GPS. Annabelle's Place is situated nearby a Tanjung Bungah new residential area. It is not easy to reach there especially for people who are not familiar with the place. It actually took me sometime to get to this place as I nearly lost in the residential area. Oh ya, somewhere near Tunku Abdul Rahman College.

Thanks FoodMice for the voucher.

More info : Annabelle's Place

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails