Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Sri Sawadee : The Thai in old town

Sri Sawadee is situated at the busy Sri Bahari Road. It provides some simple yet tasty Thai food and desserts. The big green signboard written 'SRI SAWADEE' would definetly catch your eyes when you walk along road.

If you are not able to find a parking space along Sri Bahari Road, try Argyll Road which is right behind Sri Bahari.

It was noon time which my stomach calling for lunch. So I came to Sri Sawadee for some Thai food. When I reached the restaurant, I saw this FoodMice leaflet on every dining table. Cool huh!

I was shown the lunch menu which was applicable to the voucher given by FoodMice. There were different set lunch which comprised of fried rice (Balacan, Pineapple, Tom Yam). The set lunch also included drink/dessert and soup.

While waiting for the food, I took some photos to show FoodMice fans.

It is a simple and clean restaurant. The restaurant even provides a TV for customer to watch while eating.

The picture below shows the outdoor environment of the restaurant. I like the plants and there are a lot of green plants which enhance the greenish of the restaurant.

Back in the restaurant, I could actually feel the 'Thai' strongly. Look at those unique wall decorations. The tiny wooden ship and 8 ala-Thai carvings.

The food preparation was quite fast, so I would highly recommend those who working nearby to drop here for your lunch. It would definitely save you a lot of time! I saw some OL coming for their lunch too.

These were the Pineapple Fried Rice and Tom Yam Fried Rice which were accompanied by chicken wings and some Thai salads. Rice-Meat-Veges, perfect for a lunch!

The fried rice was pretty tasty. Just look at the big pineapple slices, they were so matched with the fried rice. The Tom Yam fried rice not bad too! Tom Yam lovers will love it! As for the chicken wing, the skin was crispy and not too oily. On the other hand, the Thai salads was like the Malays kerabu, the spicy salads because it consists of chilli. I like the green mango slices.
The chilling orange juice was just right for the hot day.

I was served the Thai dessert which was similar to the ice kacang. The coconut milk enlightened the whole dessert. Now i know why do Thai people like to use coconut milk a lot.
I saw some Chinese newspapers cutting as below. I think there were quite many reporters came before. I believe if you google search Sri Sawadee, you would find some food bloggers reviewing this restaurant.
Last but not the least, Sri Sawadee would not forget to wish the customers Merry Christmas.


More info : Sri Sawadee

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails